A few interesting bits:
- The top five authors turned out to be (from one to five) Cervantes, Proust, Homer, and Kafka (in both fourth and fifth place).
- Jorge Luis Borges is number one of the Latin American authors mentioned.
- Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamozov is number one on Horacio Castellanos Moya's list.
- Alberto Manguel's first pick was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- Javier Marías placed both Richard III and Macbeth at the top of his list.
- Proust's In Search of Lost Time was at the top of Antonio Muñoz Molina's list.
- Iván Thays has Ana Karenina at the top, with Pale Fire a close second.
- Enrique Vila-Matas' number one is Kafka's Diaries.