24 November 2010

The way through

From Underworld by Don DeLillo:
I walked back and forth across the parade in the blowing snow. Then I went to my room and threw off my jacket. I wanted to look up words. I took off my boots and wrung out my cap over the washbasin. I wanted to look up words. I wanted to look up velleity and quotidian and memorize the fuckers for all time, spell them, learn them, pronounce them syllable by syllable--vocalize, phonate, utter the sounds, say the words for all they're worth.

This is the only way in the world you can escape the things that made you.

6 comments:

joonx said...

thank you for this beautiful theme and also for making web publishing possible for design-challenged people like me!
Bilgibank

Amazon kindle said...

Thanks mate I enjoyed reading "The way through"

BimBim said...

outofthewoodsnow.blogspot.com

ln40d630 said...

Great post, really like that quote

Xấu zai said...

discount sexy lingeriecam chat

BimBim said...

Vietnam Travel Blog

Paid Forum Posting Job